Are you a tutor who wish to take advantage of technology to teach more students online effectively from the comfort of your home, without having to incur exorbitant rental and commuting costs? Or you wish to adopt online tutoring to extend and complement your existing tuition services?
Are you an owner of an existing tuition/enrichment centre or language school, who is exploring online tutoring as a means to differentiate your business with value-added online academic consultations? Or you're wishing for a cost-effective means to offer more personalised, on-demand, topic-targeted booster classes to better cater to those students who need them? Or perhaps you are looking for an efficient way to train your big pool of tutors and instructors who have their own busy schedules?
Hi, I'm Jason Lee. If you've answered 'yes' to any of the above, I'm here to show you how you can do all the above.
A little self-intro
- One of the pioneers of online tutoring in Singapore
- More than 14 years of experience tutoring more than 2,000 students in Primary, Secondary, JC and Pre-university Maths
- Best-selling author of Maths guide books at Popular Bookstore
- Founder of the meetup group "Passionate Educators" where tutors gather to exchange information
- Co-owner of Bamboo Green Education Hub, a Maths and Science tuition centre in Hougang
- Lecturer in a local polytechnic
- Ex-ASEAN Scholar at Hwa Chong Institution and NUS engineering degree holder
Through sharing with you my personal experience in online tutoring in this workshop, the mistakes I made as a greenhorn and lessons I've learnt (the hard way), as well as best practices, techniques and tips I've picked up, I aim to make your entry into online tutoring much easier, so that you can reap the benefits more quickly.
My own experience of "why teach online?"
- Tutors earn double with the same or shorter working hours: Huge cost savings in venue rental and travel expenses. Travel time saved can be used to teach more students and earn more money instead. (I'll show you how lucrative yet convenient a typical day for me can be during peak tuition season before exams.)
- Students' grades improve: Convenient online access to tutors during the week, homework support
- Parents are happier: More timely and convenient parent-teacher communication. Children are at home more often.
Worried that you are not so IT-savvy? Don't worry; this workshop is suitable for beginners as well! I will teach you the techniques to be successful in tutoring online.
What past workshop participants say
"I learnt how to scale my business"
"It lowered my resistance"
Online workshop programme
|Why do online tutoring||Why not be a home tutor or open a traditional tuition centre?
Differentiating yourself in a crowded marketplace
|Demonstration of online tutoring platform||Setting up your hardware
Online teaching tools
|How to start doing online tutoring||How to promote online tutoring to students and parents
How to pilot online tutoring and onboard your students
First-timer and ongoing best practices
Managing online student behaviour
How to price your online tutoring service
As a workshop participant, you will learn:
- how to use an online tutoring platform to conduct your lessons virtually
- how to promote online tutoring to your existing face-to-face tuition or new students and their parents
- ways to pilot online tutoring and incorporate into your existing physical classes
How does your online classroom look like?
Workshop venue: Online! (on ClassDo.com)
I'll send you an invite to a virtual collaboration room on ClassDo before the online workshop. You just need to log into ClassDo.com on Google Chrome to accept the invite to join the workshop.
If you do not have Google Chrome, download it for free here.
Workshop dates & times
18 & 26 Sep 2019 (timing varies, see details on the registration form in the link below)
Note: If you're interested, but these dates doesn't work for you, please let me know your preferred and available dates in the form below.
Workshop fee: FREE!!!!
Desktop/laptop/tabl/mobile phone (with Google Chrome or Safari browser), webcam, headphones/earphones, mobile phone, strong and stable internet connection
View detailed technical requirements.
Please contact Jason Lee at +65-9693-4636 (Whatsapp)